Celebrate Children’s Book Week
- It’s Children’s Book Week May 12-18. Visit the Public Library of Steubenville and Jefferson County this week to enter name for door prize. Celebrate with the library by attending these events:
Local children’s author Kristen Willis will visit the Toronto Branch on May 15 at 6 p.m. to talk about her book, “Honey’s Big Adventure.” Copies of the book can be purchased at the library. Honey and her girl, Gracie, embark on an adventure through the woods. Watching and listening to the sounds around them, Honey and Gracie discover that the woods are truly an exciting place to explore many of nature’s wonders. But it’s not as fun when you do it alone, which is a lesson Honey soon learns.
- Special Craft: Schiappa Branch (K-6) on May 13 anytime from 4-5 p.m.; Adena Branch on May 12 at 5:30 p.m. Registration needed at this branch by calling 546-3782; Dillonvale-Mt. Pleasant Branch on May 13 at 5:30 p.m. Registration required at this branch by calling 769-2090.
- Babygarten (caregiver and children ages birth to two) will be held at the Dillonvale-Mt. Pleasant Branch on May 15 at 11:15 a.m.
- Family Movie Day at the Main Library on May 17 at 2 p.m. and at the Brilliant Branch on May 17 at noon. The Tiltonsville Branch will also show a movie on May 10 at noon.
- Play and Learn the Alphabet (caregiver and children ages 2-6) will be held at the Schiappa Branch on May 15 and 20 at 10:30 a.m. and at 6 p.m.
- Story Hour (caregiver and children ages 2-6) will be held at the Toronto Branch on May 15 at 5 p.m. Register by calling the library at 537-1262.
- Coffee, Doughnuts, & A Movie will be at the Main Library and the Tiltonsville Branch both on May 16 at 10 a.m.
- Book club for the Tiltonsville Branch will be held on May 13 at 10 a.m. Join by calling the library at 859-5163.
- Local author Dr. Modi will discuss her latest book, “Prayers for Healing and Protection: A Gift from God” then lead a meditation on May 17 at 1 p.m. at the Schiappa Branch. Recorders are welcome for the guided meditation. Copies of the book can be purchased at the library the day of the program.