Bridgeport talking technology updates
BRIDGEPORT – Technology updates highlighted Wednesday’s Bridgeport Exempted Village School District’s monthly board of education meeting.
According to Technology Coordinator Lisa Clark, digital cameras have been installed in the cafetorium, replacing the analog ones.
“We keep moving forward with technology,” Clark told the board.
“The new cameras give us a much clearer picture.”
It was noted that the new cameras were especially helpful during a recent counterfeit scam that took place at several sectional volleyball tournaments, one of which was at Bridgeport.
“That was the first day the cameras were up-and-running,” Clark added of the low-light, wide-lens electronic devices. “The old cameras were really grainy and you couldn’t tell what was going on at times.”
The cameras will, hopefully, deter some of the horseplay at lunchtime.
In addition, it was brought up that a $11,000 grant had been secured to mount cameras on the outside of the building.
“These cameras will give us full coverage of the parking lot and school premises,” Clark said. All entrances and exits of the school will be monitored.”
Superintendent Ted Downing praised the board for their continuing support.
“Thank you for your acceptance of supporting technology in our district,” he said.
Board member Roger Stewart said, “The previous board (of education) had a great vision when they designed this new building.
IN OTHER action, the five-person panel unanimously approved the following agenda items:
- the hiring of Denise Hoskinson as classified substitute teacher; and Cynthia Murr, Paige Maffe, Kari Reed and Michael Loccisano as certified substitutes.
- the employment of Abbigayle Mudrick as a certified sub retroactive to Oct. 4.
- the hiring of Rod Hammer as an assistant wrestling coach.
- the following supplemental coaching positions: Kristen Michelle (Miki) Maxwell, 7th grade girls’ basketball coach; and Mikida (Miki) Clegg, 8th grade girls’ basketball coach.
- denied the use of Perkins Field by a semi-pro football team from Davisville, W.Va., from May to June next year.
Honored as Students of the Month for September were Tim Horn (freshman), Maddie Huffman (sophomore), Amber Millard (junior) and Taylor Yeater (senior).
The next board meeting will be held Wednesday, Nov. 15 at 6 p.m. in the administration building.
North can be reached at email@example.com