Bridgeport BOE acts on personnel
BRIDGEPORT – Personnel matters were the forefront of the Bridgeport Exempted Village School District Board of Education meeting Tuesday night.
During its regular monthly session, the 5-member panel unanimously approved several matters dealing with hirings and resignations.
Hired as certified substitutes were Kayla Custer, Lige Ostrander and Jennifer Teasdale.
Nicole Grady’s resignation as preschool teacher was accepted by Superintendent Ted Downing on July 15 and will become effective Aug. 30.
Rachelle Brinker resigned her position as first grade teacher, effective, Aug. 18 so she can accept a Title Tutor position, replacing Kimberly Vitale, who then took Brinker’s first grade job.
Angela Scott was hired as an Intervention Specialist, replacing Beverly Prati, while Lindsey Marple-Maclay was hired as a Long Term Substitute for Middle School Intervention Specialist, replacing Alitza Grear.
The board also filled a part-time custodian position, and hired two 2-hour bus drivers.
All the hirings are contingent on proper certification.
Colt Charlton, who graduated in May, was presented a certificate of appreciation for being named academic All-Ohio in baseball.
“This is quite an honor for Colt,” Downing, who also doubles as the Bulldogs’ baseball coach, said. “This is the second athlete for us to receive this honor this year. That’s quite an accomplishment for a school our size.” See related photo on page B1.
Maclaine Murad was also an academic All-Ohio selection in girls’ basketball.
Other matters approved by a unanimous vote included:
- the bus routes and schedules;
- participation in the following Federal programs for the upcoming school year: Title I, II-A and II-D; IDEA B and 21 Century Grant;
- the selection of board president Roger Stewart as the district’s delegate for the Ohio School Boards Association annual business meeting during the Capital Conference on Nov. 9-13. Bill Talik was selected as the alternate;
- the creation of club sports for cross country and soccer;
- the hiring of Kaitlin Benda as Jr. High volleyball coach.
The next regular monthly meeting will be held on Aug. 20 at 6 p.m. in the Central Office.
North can be reached at email@example.com.