Daniel Frizzi, center, in yellow, leads a walking tour of the Baltimore & Ohio viaduct in Bellaire on Saturday. The Great Stone Viaduct Historical Preservation Society held the all-day event at the Bellaire Library with more than a dozen local businesses as sponsors. Stone for the viaduct came from Lorain County and was cut into blocks in nearby Bellaire Park. The first stone was laid on May 2, 1868, and at completion in 1870 the project measured 3,843 feet with 43 arches stretching from Rose Hill in Bellaire to Benwood, WV. Nearly 150 participants attended the Saturday lectures from Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, Michigan, Kentucky, Illinois and Wisconsin. The group is interested in raising awareness of the viaduct’s importance in settling the west and preserving the physical structure which has become the victim of neglect. It is a national and state landmark. For more information on the GSVHPS, call (740) 676-2743 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.