Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS
 
 
 

Cell Phones

January 24, 2013
Times Leader

Dear Editor,

The following is warning to all cell phone users.

1. A cell phone was placed on the trunk of a car during fueling; it rang and the ensuing fire destroyed the car and the gasoline pump.

2. An individual suffered severe burns to their face when fumes ignited as they answered a call while refueling their car.

3. An individual suffered burns to the thigh and groin as fumes ignited the phone, which was in their pocket, rang while they were fueling their car.

You should know that Mobile Phones can ignite fuel or fumes.

Mobile phones that light up when switched on or when they ring release enough energy to provide a spark for ignition.

Mobile Phones should not be used in filling stations, or when fueling lawn mowers, boats, etc., and should be not used or turned off, around other materials that generate flammable or explosive fumes or dust, (i.e., solvents, chemicals, gases, grain dust, etc.

Her are Four Rules for Safe Refueling:

1. Turn off engine.

2. Don't smoke.

3. Don't use your cell phone-leave it inside your vehicle or turn it off.

4. Don't re-enter you vehicle during refueling.

The bottom line, use your Cell Phone correctly and live.

Phil Wallace

Martins Ferry

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web