Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS
 
 
 

Pole fire

June 19, 2013
Times Leader
Photo provided
THE COLERAIN and Barton volunteer fire departments responded to an electrical pole fire Tuesday morning at Home City Ice on Sharon Road. According to Michael J. Perry, public information officer for the Colerain VFD, a transformer was fully engulfed, and the business was evacuated as a precaution. Perry said the transformer exploded as firefighters were on the roof attempting to extinguish the fire. No firefighters were injured. They used chemical extinguishers to put out the burning transformer. The first attempt failed, so they made a second attempt which was successful. The business sustained no damage and the fire was contained to the transformer platform. AEP was notified and arrived on scene at 1:36 a.m. All units cleared the scene and returned to respective quarters.
 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web