Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS
 
 
 

Fire causes smoke, water damage to Barnesville shop

December 27, 2013
Times Leader

A FIRE in Barnesville Thursday night caused significant water and smoke damage to an appliance and repair shop on North Gardner Street.

According to a spokesperson at Belmont County 911, the call came in around 9:28 p.m. and units from the Barnesville, Bethesda and Somerton volunteer fire departments responded.

Crews at the scene said the fire first broke out at 110 N. Gardner St., an appliance and repair shop. It was reported that the fire started when a space heater caught fire in the apartment built into the shop warehouse.

Barnesville Fire Chief Bob Smith said firefighters were able to put out the flames in about an hour. He said the building suffered a lot of smoke and water damage, but is structurally sound.

Smith said firefighters returned to quarters around midnight.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web