Hungry? On Super Bowl Sunday, the average fan will consume 1,200 calories and 50 grams of fat just from snacks. In fact, Super Bowl Sunday ranks only behind Thanksgiving as the biggest food "holiday" of the year.
According to the Huffington Post, here's a consumption breakdown:
- 80 million avocados
- 325 million gallons of beer
- 1.23 billion chicken wings
- 11 million pounds of chips
- $2.37 million spent on soda
- 11 million slices of pizza delivered by Dominos
- 3.8 million pounds of popcorn
Sound like a stomach upset to you? Well, The Week explains that's probably why antacid sales increase by 20 percent the Monday after the Super Bowl. And if you really overdid it, you might be among the 1.5 million people who call off sick the Monday after the Super Bowl.
www.mynetdiary.com/super-bowl-snack-facts.html; Calorie Control Council and Snack Food Association;