Fizz Boom Read. Summer Reading Club activities are:
- Adults and Teens
Author Susan Guy will discuss and sell copies of her book, Mobsters, Madams, & Murder in Steubenville, Ohio on July 7 at 6 p.m. at the Schiappa Branch.
Children drew cartoon characters at the Tiltonsville Branch as part of the summer reading club.
- Learn about jobs in the oil and gas industry at the Main Library on July 9 at 11 a.m. EGCC Adjunct Professor Mark Butta will discuss jobs in and related to the industry. Register by calling 282-9782.
- Science of baking will be the topic of discussion and you'll have a food tasting at the Dillonvale-Mt. Pleasant Branch on July 11 at noon. Missy from West Virginia Community College culinary department is the presenter. Register by calling 769-2090.
- Farm to table event will be held at the Schiappa Branch on July 12 from 12-4. Visitors will learn about food and non-food products made naturally and locally. Visitors will also be able to purchase products at the library.
- Book club for adults will meet on July 8 at 10 a.m. at the Toronto and Tiltonsville Branch. Join by calling Toronto's at 537-1262 and Tiltonsville's at 859-5163.
- Family movie will be shown at the Tiltonsville Branch on July 7 at 5 p.m.
Rockets and Robots will be held at the Schiappa Branch on July 8 at 11 a.m.
Play and Learn the Alphabet (caregiver and children ages 2-6) will be at the Adena Branch on July 7 at 11:15 a.m.
Gaming For Kids (K-6 grade) will be held at the Schiappa Branch on July 9 anytime from 5:30-7 p.m.
Play and Learn (birth to five) will be at the Schiappa Branch on July 10 and 15 at 10:30 a.m. and at 6 p.m.
There will be a stuffed animal contest at the Toronto Branch on July 8 at noon. Call the library at 537-1262 for details.
Children can stop in to make a craft at the Brilliant and Tiltonsville Branch on July 11 anytime from 11-1.