No injuries in Noble Street fire but house ruled a total loss

BELLAIRE — No one was injured in a house fire Monday on Noble Street in Bellaire.

Bellaire Volunteer Fire Department Assistant Chief Tim Bell said the house was being renovated, but the owner was not home at the time of the blaze.

“He had turned on the electric but was not home and the electrical caused the fire,” Bell said. “It’s already been ruled accidental.”

Bell said it took firefighters about 45 minutes to knock down the flames, and the house still is a total loss, he said.

Firefighters from both Shadyside and Neffs departments provided mutual aid to Bellaire.

“There was a dog missing; hopefully he got out,” Bellaire VFD Chief Joshua McMahon added.

Bell said the fire was called in by one of the department’s own, Lt. Jeremy Kartman. Kartman was driving on Ohio 7 when he noticed smoke coming from the house, which is located at 4805 Noble St.

The house is a highly visible one in the village, as it is located just off the first Ohio 7 south exit. And its main paint color is a bold yellow.

“There was no damage to surrounding properties,” Bell added of the fire.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *


Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today